Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Week in My Life

While I haven't had much class this week, I haven't been without work. I've spent an increased amount of time in the newsroom. My suitemate always asks me what I do there. Here's a little run down on everything I'm working on this week. The work week for newspaper begins on Sunday.

Sunday: I write an article about White Activism fliers posted around campus.


Monday: I do interviews and write a preview for the 33rd Murrow Symposium.

Tuesday: I start working on a story about the libraries and get enough information to finish it. I then go to the Murrow Symposium at 7:30, come back to the newsroom, and write a story on deadline.

Wednesday: I come in to work on a story about the CUB, but my editor needs me to pick up some stories for Mom's weekend. I write a brief for a discussion with the WSU President for Friday, and then I write an article about the College of Veterinary Medicine Open House which will occur this weekend. I conduct interviews on a new sexual harassment policy. At 6:00, I cover a meeting at the WSU Children's Center.

Thursday: I will go to the Faculty Senate meeting at 3:30 to cover the vote on the new sexual harassment/discrimination policy. Will probably set up interviews for English research paper.

Friday: Com 101 test. I will cover the discussion with WSU President at 3:00.

Saturday: The only day this week I don't have to go into the newsroom. I will work on my English paper and a debate for my Poli Sci class.

Sunday: Need to have the story about the President's discussion and the new harassment policy finished by 4:00.

Monday: At 7:30 I will cover a speech by Washington's Chief Justice. I will also being working on the CUB story which I put off on Wednesday, and continue investigating the Children's Center.

Hopefully the rest of next week will be a little slower.

No comments: