Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Ruined Cake

There once was a good little girl, who didn't care very much for vegetables. Still, this little girl was so good that she ate them anyway. As her reward, she got to have dessert. Her mouth watered and her eyes widened as a lovely piece of chocolate cake was placed in front of her. She tasted a bit of the frosting. It was delicious. Next, she cut into the soft, fluffy goodness with her fork and scooped up a big bite. But as she began chew, she realized something was wrong. There was something in the cake, something ... gross. Not just one thing, but multiple things. They were stringy and slightly firm, not soft and moist as a cake should be. The little girl screwed up her nose. This cake was no good. She slowly pulled out a stringy thing. It slithered out from between her lips like a worm. She poked at the cake and found other worm-like things. This was not what she had bargained for when she ate her vegetables.

This was my first experience with German Chocolate Cake. I did not know it was German Chocolate Cake. It looked like a normal innocent cake. This was also the day I learned I hate German Chocolate Cake. Coconut and pecans only corrupt cakes and should stay out, at least out of mine. The shredded coconut makes me feel like I am eating a cake full a meal worms and cake should be smooth and soft. Pecans are hard.

Today, I was again tricked into eating German Chocolate Cake. The cake looked innocent enough. It looked like a plain chocolate cake topped and filled with chocolate frosting. But no. It was German Chocolate. It was not good. I screwed up my face upon the first bite just as as I did when I was a good little girl.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

ooooh! So sad! I'd probably like it!

Ariel said...

That's actually what happens to me whenever I come across Key Lime pie. I always try it to see if my taste buds have changed, but I always end up spitting it out. It looks like it should be delicious, but it really not.