Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sunshine

I have become a believer in the idea that weather really can affect one's mood. On a Tuesday a couple weeks ago, the student body in Pullman awoke to see snow falling from the sky. Snow. In late March. Needless to say, rather than being pleased as many often are by snow, students became resentful and rather negative. The first thing to come up in every conversation that day was, "Did you see the snow this morning?" Followed by the response, "Yes, I couldn't believe it. It was horrible." The two conversers would then share a frown and go on about their business rather grumpily.

I bring all this up only because today is a sunny beautiful day. In the weeks since that fateful Tuesday there have been several beautiful sunny days, but they have also all been unbearably cold. For the first time in a while, it is sunny today and quite mild. People are happy and birds are singing. It's quite enjoyable and has made my day all the more pleasant. Now if only I would hear about whether I shall be news editor next semester, all would be well with the world.

No comments: