Friday, April 13, 2007

My bump

In case you didn't know, I have a HUGE bump on my forehead. When I was about a year and a half old I fell out of a shopping cart. I had a big bruise on my head and one of the ladies nearby chewed my mom out for letting me stand in the basket. Trust me, she kept telling me to sit down, but I didn't. I remember this happening, even though most children don't start to remember things until the age of three. My mom says I only think I remember it because I've heard the stories, but I think I actually remember it.

It's interesting because some days you can see it really well, while other days it blends in to the rest of my head. It's also a bit funny because sometimes people I have known my whole life will come up to me and ask me what I did to my head. It usually confuses me because I tend to forget about my bump and think there's something else wrong, so I'll say "what do you mean?" They will proceed to touch my bump and say "you have a huge goose egg right there!" "It's always been there," I'll reply.

It's my permanent reminder not to stand up in shopping carts.

No comments: