Thursday, April 5, 2007

Moving on Up

I've spent this past semester covering the administration beat which I have quite enjoyed. I like getting to know the leaders of the university and the issues I've covered have seemed relevant and important. This all adds up to making me feel like I am doing something worthwhile. but there is still the desire to keep moving up.

I was officially told moments ago that next semester I will be The Daily Evergreen News Editor. I was originally only going to apply to be Assistant News Editor, but with the encouragement of the Managing Editor, decided to reach a little bit higher. I am happy to announce that my high aspirations paid off. However, this is also a little bit intimidating. Sophomores have held the position before, but it is a bit uncommon. I'll be the youngest out of all the copy and section editors next year. I am excited, but I still have much to learn. I'm confident I can do it, but it is in my nature to worry at least a little bit. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to pull it off. The rest of the staff I'm sure will also be there should I need any help.

2 comments:

Todd said...

HOLY COW CONGRATS!!!! THATS HUGE!!! STEEVE! YOU HIT THE BIG TIME!

Ariel said...

YAY!!! You'll be awesome. Don't even worry about it!