Tuesday, April 3, 2007

An Obligatory Introduction

I would usually be getting ready for bed right about now. From what I can tell, I go to bed quite a bit earlier than my peers. Tomorrow, however, the first two of my three classes are canceled. I don't have to be anywhere until 11. Usually my classes start at 9. As I do not have to get up so early tomorrow morning, I really don't have to go to bed for a little while yet. I've decided now is as good a time as any to do a little introductory post. Right now because the blog is still so new it's a novelty and slightly addicting. I don't know how long this phase will last, however, so I feel the need to get several posts I feel obligated to make out of the way.

I am not entirely sure why I feel obligated to do an introductory post. I assume that the few people who will end up reading this blog will probably already know me. For those few who somehow happen to stumble across anomalous happenings, this is for their benefit. Also for their benefit, I shall try to be brief. A little late perhaps I know.

My name is Christina. I attend Washington State University. I am a Journalism and Political Science-Pre Law double major. As one may have learned from previous posts, I work for The Daily Evergreen, the student newspaper. I have yet to decide whether I want to become a journalist after school or to continue on to law school. As of late, I've been feeling a need to make that decision about my future, but like Ariel, I find it quite difficult. It is also difficult for me to not have a plan, however. I like organization and planning. Some might say that I become stressed too easily, but I've gotten used to and have adapted to deal with stress. Now it has a special place in my life. I thrive on it while at the same time worrying that one day it will give me a heart attack. My character is full of many other contradictions as well, but I'll discuss more of them at a later time. I enjoy writing, reading, and a good argument. I love being in the outdoors and go hiking every summer with my family. I tend to be a bit cynical and the only thing I hate more than feeling awkward or embarrassed, is being disappointed.

I would like to think that I am too complex to be fully understood and known by the several lines above, but this at least should be a start. Ariel can add anything she thinks to be particularly relevant.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ariel, you should do an introduction post too.

Ariel said...

right-o