Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Happy Place

I have a happy place. It's a real place, not a place in my head. One week out of the year my family and I go there. When I am there I am at peace with the world. Nothing else matters for that week. The past two years I have taken Christina with me. This is a big honor. I don't allow just anyone to come to my special place. Family only. I consider Christina my family. She has been my best friend for about the past six years and has practically lived at my house during most of that time. You have to earn your right to come. You can't just be my friend for a few months and assume you are invited, no no. You have to earn my trust. I have to know that you will not take for granted the natural beauty and tranquility of this place. I need to know that you will not whine for not being to take a shower and that there is no cell phone service. Please, do not abuse my happy place. Do not ruin my favorite week of the year. Please don't make me want to come home. I love this place. It's my place. Unless you yourself have a happy place of your own you can not understand how I feel.

No comments: