Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring Time and No One to Play With

This has been a challenging year. I'm not speaking in the academic sense, that has been surprisingly easy thus far (knock on wood). I mean emotionally challenging. I have been by myself for the past 23-ish weeks. At first, I was fine with this...excited, really. I had the chance to start fresh, make new friends, conquer the challenge. Unfortunately, it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be.

As discussed, I am not a normal college student. I don't like to go to parties, I don't drink, I go to be earlier than many of my peers, and I always go to class. Therefore making me anomalous. I have no big problem with being a loner. I generally like it, but today...a few minutes ago...it really affected me.

I love spring and summer because you get to go play outside. I especially like it because softball starts up. I'm going to miss the beginning of my rec season back home because I'm stuck here, but I decided to play on an intramural team at OSU. Conveniently enough, my roommate decided to start up a team and asked me to join. Of course I said yes. I've been bugging her to go throw the ball around with me outside, while it's still nice, for the past few days, but we've both been busy. This morning it was nice again so I suggested that she, her boyfriend and I go throw later. She didn't really respond. When I got out of my bio lab around 5:00, I went up to my room expecting to go play catch, when I saw she was already out there with her boyfriend. I, being the weirdo that I am, was a little sad. I could have just gone out there and been like "OOOO I wanna play!" but my inner self and I argued that maybe they just wanted to throw together. If they wanted me to come I would have been invited, but I also wasn't there to be invited. So, now I'm pouting like a 5 year old, wishing my friends were here. I guess I'll go listen to the Song of the Day...

Actually, neither of my closest friends like softball or baseball. Ali would play with me though.

4 comments:

Ariel said...

Why are my posts so long?

Todd said...

because they distract me from the task at hand, which currently is a paper thats due in about 12 hours

Ariel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariel said...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with you, actually.