Monday, April 9, 2007

Twitterpated

The inspiration for today's Song of the Day came to me this morning during my English class. We were all seated in our desks working on an in class writing assignment when all of a sudden the birds outside started chirping and singing at an incredible volume. It made me smile because one word always pops into my head when the all the birds sing at once or when the frogs at my house croak together at night...My teacher walked over to the window to close it, but changed his mind.
"Wow those birds are loud," he said.
"They're just twitterpated," I replied.
"I haven't heard that word in a while," he said as he walked back to his desk.
Twitterpated is a word from Walt Disney's "Bambi". Ever since I was little my mom, sister, and I have used this word every spring. Oh the joys of Disney classics! I hope during this lovely month of April you all find yourselves twitterpated.

No comments: