Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How College Works

This post could take several different directions. I could talk about what kept me so busy yesterday I didn't have time to post, but the answer to that is really quite simple: Newspaper. I could write about how ridiculous it is that I had three classes canceled this week (two for the entire week, the third just for one day), but I've already complained about college. I don't think many of my peers would appreciate my complaints about my lack of classes anyways. It makes me sad though, because I enjoy being challenged. My courses this semester are easy enough as it is. Not even having to go is ridiculous.

This brings to mind yet another thing I could blog about. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a good student. I don't mean that I wish I didn't do well in classes, but sometimes I wish I could overlook what I feel my obligations are as a student. No matter how pointless or boring I expect a class to be, I can't not go. I go to every class, even if it's just a review session. I should be happy when classes are canceled instead of feeling cheated. Other students are envious of my schedule. It seems like it should keep me satisfied too. But alas, I was hoping to get more out of college than a degree. I went into to college foolishly thinking I would learn things (including things outside my major). As I come to the end of my freshman year, I have learned that's not exactly how college works. Maybe upper division courses will be an improvement. One can hope.

2 comments:

Todd said...

(shakes head and chuckles)

ooooooh steeve

Ariel said...

I'm sure once you start taking more classes that apply to your majors you'll be more challenged.