Sunday, June 10, 2007

Oops ... my poor eyes.

For the first time that I can ever remember, I forgot to take out my contacts last night before bed. I don't know why or how it happened. I wasn't particularly tired and I hadn't stayed up particularly late. I've never forgotten before. Still, when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror I knew something was wrong. My reflection was so clear. I looked down at my contacts case and sure enough, it was still open from when I had put them in the morning before. I gingerly put my hand up to my eye and there was my contact. I took them out and wore my glasses all day. I now understand a little bit better how Ariel must feel. My eyes have been red, itchy, and watering all day long. They won't stop. It's quite uncomfortable. I've been using lots of eye drops in hopes that perhaps they will be recovered by tomorrow. I'm going to need them for another week at work. I hope I go another five years without forgetting.

No comments: