Friday, June 22, 2007

Hawk Ears and Hungry Horses

Ariel came over to my house again to play pool. I am not very good, but playing with her is a good way to practice. My father and younger sister soon joined us as well. Here are some of the quotations from this evening.

I was telling Ariel a secret of sorts while my father was sitting on the couch. She of course repeated what I told her above a whisper so my father might hear. I attempted to shush her.

"Shhhh he has the ears of a hawk." (I was a little confused I think.)

Later we were all discussing what our first words were. My father said all of his children said Da-da for their first word. My sister said the reason was because we didn't have a mother. I informed that actually, we did. She kept denying it so I asked ...

"What, do you think Dad has some kind of secret uterus none of us know about?" (My father became slightly disturbed.)

Ariel and my father were playing pool because I had become fed up with my poor skills and decided to watch and learn. Ariel shot and put the cue ball in a horrible position for my father.

"Were you just born evil?" he asked. "No, I've just been hanging around Christina too much," she said without a missing a beat.

Lastly, Ariel trying to convince my sister to go out and feed the animals before it got dark.

"Boy, if I was a horse right now I sure would be hungry. I would be standing around waiting for someone to come feed me. I wouldn't be a happy horsey."

No comments: