Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Ain't No Hollaback Girl

Borders was a frustrating experience in itself. As we were walking in I was trying to talk to Ali about wanting to become a Physicians Assistant but she kept interrupting me and as we were crossing the street, a truck started honking and the guys in the truck started hollering "Hey honey...nice ass!...hey hottie..."etc. I just kept walking like I always do and Ali flipped 'um the bird and started cussing them out like she always does. She's a hollaback girl.

I hate it when guys do that. It's something I don't' understand. I mean do they actually get women by degrading them to a meaningless "piece of ass"? Once you yell out your window at a woman I have lost all respect for you because you obviously have no respect for women. Are there really women that play into that? I also don't' understand because it wasn't like Ali (or I for that matter) was dressed up. I mean she had her hair in a ponytail, she was wearing old jeans, and a sweatshirt. It would have made more sense if she hadn't just gotten done with physical therapy and had been wearing nicer clothes, but seriously.

So anyway, then we walked in the store and started looking at the books on sale and I was still trying to talk to her about how I might switch to pre-med, but that was apparently not interesting or important enough because she kept making it about her life so I just gave up and let her talk about herself.

After I finally found my book I went to check out and accidentally dropped my Clean & Clear oily face fixer power stuff when I pulled out my wallet. And naturally when it hit the floor the powder shattered into a gazillion teeny tiny little pieces. Crap.

Usually going to bookstores is so pleasant.

1 comment:

Mr. Bulos said...

Hi, I'm just a random that dropped in by happenstance.

Yes, guys that call out to girls like that are idiots. Sadly, there are girls that play into it. It is pretty lame if you ask me.

Hope your trip to Borders is better next time. I personally love going to Chapter's to kill time (the Canadian equivalent of Borders).