Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Anyone up for flashlight tag?

The power went out at the plywood plant today. About 25 minutes before it was time to go home, just 5 before it was time to start cleaning up, I heard a grinding sound. Then silence and everything went dark. A few emergency lights flickered on, which succeeded in simply creating more shadows.

I patiently stood on the little platform by my plugger listening to the supervisors yell out orders and watching dark figures scurry here and there. I was actually enjoying myself. I didn't have to work and the plant had never before been so quiet.

Then my supervisor yelled for me to go wait up in the break room, so I slowly walked off like a scolded child. It has been suggested that the cause of the outage is the construction currently going on in downtown Shelton where some sewer lines are being put in.

I wonder if I'll have to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: