Monday, June 11, 2007

Gallbladder = Water Heater

I always have the hardest time remembering what the gallbladder does. It seems pointless to me because I think your liver should just send the bile to your intestines instead of having it sit in your gallbladder making gallstones. So, my mom and I were talking it out trying to find a way for me to remember. Here's what we came up with...imagine the sink = your intestines, the water heater = your gallbladder, and the well = your liver. There is a chain, a process, an order things have to go in. I laughed about it because I will never think about my sink the same way, but it actually helped. Sure enough during my test one of the questions was something like "what is the primary function of the gallbladder" and I knew it. Genius.

No comments: