Sunday, June 3, 2007

100 Laps

I swam 2500 yards today. That equals 100 laps or lengths if you prefer. A standard lap pool (not Olympia size) is 25 yards across. I count 25 yards as one lap. Many people however, consider a lap two be 50 yards (down and back). Anyways here is my workout for today:
  • 4x100 - 3+1 (three laps freestyle + one lap not freestyle) 15 seconds rest between each
  • 2x100 - kick one lap freestyle one lap other - 10 sec rest between each
  • 300 easy - 45 sec rest
  • 300 hard - 1:30 rest
  • 200 easy - 40 sec rest
  • 200 hard - 1:00 rest
  • 100 easy - 30 sec rest
  • 100 hard - 40 sec rest
  • 6x50 - easy/med, med/hard, hard/easy repeat - 15 sec rest between (I think)
  • 50 easy
  • 6x25 - breakouts (halfway fast/halfway easy)
  • 200 easy

Total: 2500 yards

Usually I only do 1000 but for some reason this past week I've felt like I need to kick it up a notch and a half.

NOTE: Men, if you decide you want to go to the pool DO NOT wear swim trunks that are any shade of pastel. Especially pink, yellow, or WHITE! It's gross. I don't care who you are...it's gross. Also, unless you are built like a Greek god, if you are over 35 DO NOT wear a Speedo. It's also gross. It's really bad when you decide that you have to stand at the edge of the pool while I am in it, because in case you didn't realize I am not eye to eye with you! Get it? If you feel like you have to wear pastel trunks or a Speedo wear both! Put the Speedo on first then the trunks. Double up. Yuck yuck yuck. What in the world would make you think that yellow swim trunks wouldn't be see through? Dark colors only!

No comments: