Monday, June 11, 2007

"Ode to Radar"

"Ode to Radar"
By:Alison VanZandt
I only had you for a day before i killed you.
Your water was to cold and your insides froze.
I didn't want to lose you.
I put you in warm water and watched you come back to life.
I didn't think that you were going to make it.
You were on your side.
Slowly your fin started to move.
You were back, alive.

I named you Radar after my favorite TV show.
You were a good fish.
You loved the sunlight.
You were a pretty and red, my favorite color.
You stood out to me.
I knew I had to have you.

You made it another 2 weeks.
You just couldn't hold on.
You were to brain dead to eat.
I gave you a proper funeral at the toilet.
We said our good byes and let you go.
It was hard, I can't believe i killed you.
I hope you made it to your happy place.
RIP RADAR

1 comment:

aleev said...

OMG! This is AMAZING!!