Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Why Male Teens Pay More

After a long day of job searching and application filling, I was tired as I pulled into my old high school parking lot to pick up my sister from school. As I pulled in, I saw a visitor spot open and was thankful for my good fortune. I prepared to drive up, straight into it. But as I left the safety of the two rows of horizontally parked cars, in order to pull into the vertical spot in front of the school, a crazy high schooler in an old white mustang hit the gas and flew around the corner.

I heard the vroom of his gas pedal and then the "smack," of his car against mine. It was lucky for this young man that rather than braking, I managed to hit my gas pedal. He hit just behind my wheel instead of on my passenger door. My car is not in the best of shape. The horses broke the passenger side mirror and a bad experience with chains beat up by front left panel. This teen added a nice crack just above my right rear wheel. There was really nothing to be done about it, and it's not that large of a crack when one considers all the other problems with my car. As I was unhurt, I spoke to the young man but just let him go with the hope that he learned his lesson. I just didn't want to deal with it.

Later, however, as if it wasn't enough that I had been in a minor car accident hours earlier, my father lectured me about not getting the guy's information, as if we would have done anything with it. I probably should have taken down his name and information, but if I hadn't told my father about the incident, he wouldn't have noticed at all. It was a poor end to a busy day.

People should drive slowly in parking lots.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Remember that one time you were teaching me to drive your car and you were like "let's see if you can get into third." As I was speeding up, getting ready to shift into third this person, who shall remain nameless, pedaled out in front of me on his bike...you know the rest...

We were probably going pretty fast. Readers are probably going to get the wrong idea about what happened...