Tuesday, May 15, 2007

She's No Lucia

Lucia Micarelli is a great violinist. The girl who decided to play her violin last night, however, was not. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, as I'm sure I already mentioned, I figured it would be especially hard last night because my allergies were blazing. The first 30 minutes were indeed miserable but slowly it got better. I was lying there, blissfully comfortable, body exhausted from fighting pollen all day, on the verge sweet dreams when I heard it. It sounded like a bow on strings. My body twitched. "That was weird," my body said. I relaxed again and was once again close to dreaming when it came again, only this time it was louder and longer.
"No way," my body said.
"Yes way," my mind said.
I sat up and looked at the clock...12:15. There it went again.
"Find it," my mind demanded.
I crawled to the end of my bed and looked out my window to find the source of the noise. There it was, right across from my window in the opposite dorm, sitting in front of an open window, a girl with a violin.
"Grrrrrrrrr," my body said, "get 'er!"
"No. Maybe she'll stop," my mind replied.
"No she won't! Yell at her!"
"But I don't want to be rude."
"You don't want to be rude?! She's the one sitting there playing her violin in the middle of the night!"
"I guess, but maybe she'll stop on her own, or maybe she'll start playing something good instead of that squeaky mess of notes she's playing now."
"Please, I'm tired. I need sleep. You have class in the morning! Great, now I have to go to the bathroom."
"Okay, yeah. We'll go to the bathroom and maybe she'll be done when we get back."
"Psh, whatever."
I went to the bathroom, but when I came back she was still playing, louder and worse. I had to make her stop pulling her evil bow across her evil stings.
"Do it now," yelled my body.
"What if she yells back" my mind asked.
"Then I'll go down there and kick her butt!"
"Fine."
My mind and body came together and yelled "HEY! YOU'RE BEING REALLY RUUUUUDE!"
She didn't stop.
"Of course," my body and mind thought.
Her friend, who was sitting near her studying, looked up in my direction and when the girl stopped "playing" for a few seconds her friend pointed out their window and said something to her. She stopped.
Success.
"Good job," said my body.
"Thanks, you too," said my mind.

2 comments:

Todd said...

you dont know how much im laughing right now

Ariel said...

I knew you would love this.