Monday, May 21, 2007

"Sorry about the Aborigines"

As usual, I chatted with my mom on the phone last night. She always puts the phone of speaker phone when I call so she can eat or play spider solitaire or whatever. Well about halfway through our conversation I was gabbing away about something when suddenly I heard something that sounded like loud jungle drums.
"MOMMY," I yelled. "What was that?! The Aborigines are coming to get me!"
On the other end I heard her start laughing hysterically, then I heard the drums again.
"AGH! MOMMY! Why are there jungle people in the house?!"
"Alison, can you hear that," I heard her call to my sister.
"Yeah," I heard Ali giggle back.
Then the sound went again.
"MOMMY! What is that?!" I hollered.
Then I heard the "blub, blub, blub" of bubbles.
"AGH! MOMMY! The Tribal People threw me into the ocean," I screamed.
My mom just kept on laughing, which made me start laughing.
"What the heck is goin' on," I asked.
"I was getting some water from the dispenser and I set you on top. The back of the phone is round so you were rolling around on the top of the water jug," she explained between laughs.
Then I started laughing harder because I realized that the "blub, blub, blub" was the sound of her getting water. We spent the next five minutes laughing. Then mom said "sorry about the Aborigines, Dolly Girl."
"That's okay," I whimpered. "That was pretty funny though."

No comments: