Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Prior Engagements

One of the weirdest things about being in college for me is that I keep encountering people who are my age and engaged. I met a guy a few weeks ago who is a year older than me and engaged, I heard a guy in my Spanish class talking about how he is going to propose to his girlfriend this summer, and two of my childhood friends are currently engaged to each other. It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that people who I grew up with are now getting married, when I haven't even begun to date. I can't imagine getting married right now. It's crazy, which is silly because I am an "adult" now and adults get married. Is this weird to anyone else? Maybe it's just me.

However, my friend is getting married this summer and I'm totally excited! She works with my mom and has asked my sister and I to be in charge of set up and clean up and she's going to pay us. I get to dress up and I'm going to get paid! YAY!

13 comments:

Todd said...

youre not dating and im not dating... lets get married

Ariel said...

do you remember what my dad said before prom at my house?

Todd said...

no...

Ariel said...

he said the next time our families would be taking pictures of us together would be at our wedding...

Todd said...

dude, your dad is like the new ms. cleo!

Ariel said...

I ain't livin' in Alaska.

Todd said...

psh, youve never even been here, i aint living in washington again

Todd said...

you get $1,000 a year for living here!

Ariel said...

so, it would be like the state would be paying me to stay married to you...sorry Bubb it ain't gonna happen.

Todd said...

i want a divorce

Ariel said...

that $1000 wouldn't pay for the therapy I would need.

Ariel said...

unreconsilable differences

Unknown said...

I know people who are already divorced.