Saturday, May 5, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Green

I am in the process of writing a research paper for my mandatory writing class. It was suggested that we choose a topic that related to our major or something we were interested in. I choose to research the benefits of sustainable/green business development. I thought this would be a relatively easy topic to research, but as it turns out it's not.

You would think because "going green" is such a trend right now that there would be endless sources debating the pros and cons of the concept. My working thesis is focused around the pros, but any debate groupie knows that a good argument addresses both sides of the subject, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to find any cons of sustainability. There have to be some because not all business are going green, so they must have a reason or two. All I am finding however, is that more businesses are becoming more environmentally friendly and that they are successful.

This is a bit frustrating...

3 comments:

Ariel said...

After further research...

...still no disadvantages to going green.

Plan of Action: when I come to the section in my paper where I need to state the disadvantages of sustainable development it will say "There are none," or something to that extent...

I wonder if that's okay.

Todd said...

it's more expensive to be a green business, look into that

Ariel said...

Actually, it's not. Initally it may cost more money to actually convert to renewable energy, but in the long run you save and make money.

Look into that.