Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chicken Parmagiani Season Ends 3-2

Today was the final game of the season for my intramural softball team. It has been so much fun and now I get to go home and play for the Biohazards! I've been playing in the out field (left-center) this season, which has been weird because I'm used to playing Catcher, 2nd and Shortstop. I would rate my performance in the outfield as a 7.4 maybe a 7.6. Today I got to play catcher and it was like coming home (pardon the pun). I didn't have my knee pads though so my knees are a little junky. The sun was positioned perfectly in my eyes, but luckily the batters stood in the way...most of the time...darn lefties.

Play of the day went to Mike, who technically hit a single but thanks to some speedy running and bad throws he made it a triple. In fact, he ran so fast that he pulled third base clean out of the ground and slid with it for a few feet. My play of the day was when I hit a clean line drive right between the 3rd baseman and shortstop with 2 outs. I got an RBI and the outfielder in his haste to throw out my team member running home, over threw it and it went right past the catcher. Now, normally this would mean nothing other than an RBI, but in intramural we play on grass with no backstop, so overthrowing past the catcher means an automatic double for the batter! YAY! Unless I was the one to throw it, then no yay. I also scored two batters later, which was of course awesome! Rallies are awesome.

My almost play of the day was while I was catching. One of my teammates was throwing home, but I couldn't see anyone other than our pitcher because of the sun. I yelled at her to catch it because I couldn't see, but it was too late so I tried to get in front of it (where ever that was) to keep it from going past me and causing an automatic double. I ended up halfway stopping it. It hit me in the shoulder and rolled away. At least I stopped it. My teammate who had thrown it in felt really bad and told me he would call it next time. He asked me if I was okay. I said I was fine. I didn't remember that I got hit.

End result: WE WON!

No comments: