Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Something Else to Whine About

This year I was assigned a HUGE room and I love it. I only have to share it with one other person, so I got pretty spoiled. The only downside is the view. My room is directly across the road from another dorm. There is about 25 yards between my window and the other dorm. Also directly below my window is the main entrance to the other dorm. That is where people decide to sit for hours and smoke and yell and skateboard at 1 AM. That is also where the SafeRide van sits and honks...and honks...and honks until the drunk person comes out for their ride. I like the concept of SafeRide, but I think they need a better system for picking up people than just sitting there and honking at 1 or 2 on a Tuesday morning when most people have class in a few hours...jerks. Also, why are you skateboarding at 1AM on a Tuesday morning? If it was a Friday I might let it go, but Monday night/Tuesday morning makes no sense. Another thing that annoys me is how the noisiest cars park down there. I will admit that I have a noisy car but I don't drive around at 0 Dark Hundred hours and wake people up. Are these people mean or do they just not realize that every time their skateboard crashes to the ground it make a loud crack that revirbs off the walls of the two dorms making it even louder?! I just thought of one more thing. Lately, this guy has been playing with his remote controlled race car in the street. If you've ever heard these little cars you know that they make the most annoying little buzzing sound. If you are that bored in the middle of the night where you think you need play with your race car you need to see a doctor.

Maybe next year I'll have a room looking out over the water in Bellingham...probably not.

No comments: