Wednesday, May 30, 2007

King Felix & The Vladiator

Even though he's a great pitcher, Felix Hernandez looks like a wanna be gangsta when he's on the mound. His uniform is three sizes too big, he's got two or three chains of bling around his neck, and his hat is always tilted to the side. He just looks silly. His over sized uniform makes him look sloppy, and don't those long chains get in the way? He's only 21 and already an awesome major league pitcher, but I think he spends too much time trying to look cool. What's the deal? But who am I to say how a professional baseball player should dress? Whatever, I guess as long as he gets the job done who cares.

Vladimir Guerrero scares me. He's a beast. Actually he's a "warrior," that's what his name means in Spanish. I think it's interesting that he's from the Dominican Republic but his first name is Vladimir. Interesante, ¿no?