Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ketchup Meets Meat

Ariel called me this morning to talk (and to complain about her horrible allergies). I luckily have no allergies and though I can't relate so much, I do sympathize. I suggested she have some Chinese mustard. "That'll clear out your sinuses," I said. Our conversation continued from there.

"Or I could have some horseradish," Ariel said. "My mom really likes it. She mixes it with ketchup and puts in on kielbasa."

"I hate ketchup," said I, "except on really specific foods. Even then if I smell it by itself it makes me sick."

"I'm not very fond of the smell, but I put ketchup on everything," she said.

"I know. You degrade all your meat."

"I don't degrade my meat," she claimed. "I enhance it."

"If by enhancing it, you mean degrade it," I countered.

There was a brief pause as we both realized we were having a slightly odd conversation for 10:00 in the morning, but we're used to this.

"We should really record some of our conversations," Ariel suggested. "They can become pretty odd sometimes."

So I did. I am sharing with all of you our discussion about the proper time and place for ketchup to meet meat.

(The phrase meet meat is something else which would probably be discussed by us and which we would find entertaining. We are easily amused.)

1 comment:

Ariel said...

You forgot to say the part about how my mom says that horseradish puts hair on your chest and we both don't want hair on our chests...though now I can see why you left that out...