Monday, May 28, 2007

217 Days Down, 14 To Go

I went home this weekend for the holiday. It was wonderfully perfect timing. I made it 8 full weeks without going home, which is a record. Last term after 5 weeks I was starting to show signs of depression and the doctor sent me home. The term before that I had to come home after about 4 weeks, so for me 8 weeks is amazing. I actually might have made it the whole 10 weeks without going home, but I didn't want to stay here either.

I went and saw Pirates with my mom and sister. I think I give it a C+. I got to hang out with Christina too, which was swell. I went to the cemetery with my mama like we do every year to decorate the graves of my grandma, grandpa, aunt, and great grandpa. I didn't get a chance to blog because my computer at home is really slow. I also went back to Big 5 to see if I could line up a summer job. They were actually really excited to see me and it looks like I will be working there.

I thought I would be okay coming back, emotionally. I think the next two weeks are going to be hard. Coming home this weekend was like a false sense of finality. Even though I knew I had to come back to Corvallis, I felt like I was done. It's strange because I thought I had gotten stronger but as soon as I got into Oregon I felt instantly tired and testy. Two and a half hours later...still tired and testy.

Only two more weeks.

No comments: