Monday, May 21, 2007

A Job I Hadn't Considered

Also, while on the subject of jobs, I was provisionally hired today.

I found an ad online yesterday seeking temporary college hires for the summer. The job is mill work, something I had never considered before, but the job pays much better than any other I might hope to get this summer. I'm not afraid of hard work and I think in the long run it will be good for me to take this job. It will make me appreciate things in the future.

Tomorrow all I have to do is pass a drug test and another test after an orientation and I'm hired. I better not have jinxed myself by assuming I have the job already. I worry that somehow something will go wrong. I'm just relieved to have a job that I really want this one to work out.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Gosh, I hope you pass the drug test. I mean you have the physical test in the bag but...

;)