Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Friday Night: Part Four

We watched our movie and all was well. It got out around 12:30. Perfect timing to head over to Barnes and Noble to pick up my book. Most of the crazy people should have come and gone. As we pulled into the parking lot, however, we saw a mob hanging outside the doors. Hmmm, maybe people were having so much fun that they stuck around, we suggested. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It turns out, at around six that evening, Barnes and Noble handed out a limited number of bracelets to people waiting outside. Only the people with these bracelets could go into the store and pick up their book, regardless of pre-order/reserved copy. I was not pleased. I was under the impression, when I reserved my copy, that I would be able to pick it up when the store began selling the books, which it did at midnight. I heard absolutely nothing about these required bracelets until that night. As I said, I was not pleased.

You disappointed me Barnes and Noble.

After we were unsuccessful at picking up HP 7, Ariel and I headed home. It was an unsatisfactory ending to an otherwise enjoyable Friday night, pushy self-scanner excluded.

No comments: