Monday, July 16, 2007

Only 19 days left


Recently, I have been pulled off the pluggers a few times to do other jobs around the plant. There are different layers which make the plywood. Besides the sheets of veneer that I usually plug, three other kinds of paper are used in the plywood. I spent the first two hours of today putting the kinds of paper in the correct pattern so they could be combined with the wood. Simply because it was something new, I enjoyed the work. I know, however, the enjoyment will fade as soon as the work becomes routine.

After work I had to go to the union office because union dues were being deducted out of all my checks twice. I am a member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. I got everything straightened out.

Other than that, only one mysterious bruise, two small scratches, a smooshed thumb, and a paper cut from a piece of paper bigger than me. All in all, it was not a bad day at work.

No comments: