Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4, 2007

My grandparents left today before I got home from work. I told them good bye last night after fireworks. Our fourth of July celebration went quite well I thought. We had many fireworks, even more family members, and had to find an extra table for all the food. It's the only way to celebrate Independence day.

This was the first year I didn't do any sparklers. Instead, Ariel and I handed them out to the little ones (although I think she did one). Mostly though, we occupied ourselves with fireworks that were a bit more exciting. I didn't get any burns, only a small amount of Roman candle debris in an eye (stupid wind), and a small hole in the sleeve of one of my jackets. My favorite part of the day was the birthday cake for my great uncle George. I made it. It looked like a flag with blueberry stars and raspberry/cool whip stripes.

I got the day off from work, but had to go in today. I am tired. Large family gatherings and a work day on four hours of sleep will do that.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Actually I didn't do any sparklers either, which makes me a little sad.