Saturday, July 7, 2007

Don't watch Shooter with a shooter.

My cousins came over this morning because they had rented Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and thought my father might enjoy watching it. My sisters and I watched as well. My father couldn't turn off his commentary setting.

"They're doing it all wrong. Where's the sun guard for the gun."

"Why are they running? Do they want to die? They'd be better off staying absolutely as still as possible." (They were running from a helicopter)

"Hey, maybe they did go through sniper training after all. Bound to get something right eventually." (In reference to the placement of the finger on the trigger)

It only continued. This made me remember why I never watch movies about cops, swat teams, drug busts, or snipers with my father.

The movie was a typical action movie, except for a bit more outspoken with the political criticisms. I found it enjoyable but not anything extraordinary.

No comments: