Monday, February 11, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

My chemistry professor looks just like Mr.Rogers. He talks similarly, he wears the sweaters, it's weird. However, based on the strange stories he's told us about the chemistry experiments he's done I would definitely not want to be his neighbor. Here's a story to better illustrate my point.

He used live in Colorado and his drive way would freeze in the winter making it impossible to drive on. So, he decided that the logical way to get rid of the ice would be to pour gasoline on it and set it on fire because gas burns and fire is hot thus the ice would melt. Well, he lit his drive way on fire but the ice didn't melt. Know why? Because heat goes up not down. Apparently it was cool though. I'm sure, but I still don't want to be his neighbor.

No comments: