Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Newsroom Experiment

For the entertainment section, MiX, the newsroom staff has decided we will each try "Fad diets" for a week. I have volunteered to try the Special K diet where I replace two meals a day with cereal and get to have a normal third meal. I am into day one, and hungry, but I suspect most of the hunger is probably in my head at this point.

My first complaint:

Part of the appeal of the Special K diet is that although you are eating cereal for two meals a day, there are a variety of cereal flavors. I do not like fruit in my cereal, so that eliminated many of the options for me, but I had high hopes for their Chocolatey Delight flavor. Unfortunately, it was not in the two stores I looked and I am now bitter about it. This means it'll be Original and Vanilla Almond for the next week. I was, however, able to find Chocolatey Delight Special K cereal bars. I get two snacks a day.

More complaints will follow in the coming week.

Other diets staffers are trying include a raw diet, a red, green, or white diet excluding food from countries with flags of those colors, and a grapefruit diet.

By the end of the week the staff is going to be very crabby.

No comments: