Tuesday, February 5, 2008

October Tragedy

My original intention for posting was to write about the very strange dreams I have been having of late. However, just before I posted, I went through my daily ritual of checking the state's top newspaper headlines and discovered some shocking news.

In October, a woman died at the plywood plant where I worked over the summer. I learned this now because the plant was fined $3,850 by the Department of Labor and Industries. When I saw the headline, I wondered if it was the same plant, but didn't think it could be. I'm not familiar with the area where the accident happened, but I know where I worked in the plant, safety was always stressed as the highest priority, often annoyingly so. Accidents like this just go to show you why.

My condolences are a bit late now, but I wish her family and co-workers the best as they struggle to overcome this tragedy.

No comments: