Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting Eachother

Have you ever thought about why you're good friends with someone? I've often wondered that about my being good friends with Christina and with my mother. They are my best friends, but why? The answer is simple. They get me and I get them. I rarely need to explain myself to either and vice versa.

It's not that we are similar, which my mother and I happen to be to a weird extent, but that we are different. I like to think that Christina and I complement each other. We balance our two personalities by overlapping them slightly. Someone once said that we "make at least 1.5 eccentric personalities." It's so true. I think all close friends are like that. We are each enough of our own person to be unique but when we come together it's like another mini-personality if you will.

I hope that made a little sense.

No comments: