Monday, October 15, 2007

A Girl and Her Fish

Diego and I are playing right now. I was sitting here on my bed reading for anthropology and for an unknown reason I turned my head and saw him looking at me.
"Hi Boy."

"Blub." (That means "Hola Mama.")

"Whadda ya doing?"

"Blub blub." ("I'm bored Ma.")

So, I reached over and bumped my tiki man bobble head that I have sitting next to him. Ooh he liked that. It slowly came to a stop then Diego turned his little head slightly towards me. "Do it again." I did. This continued for about five minutes. I tried to do it again but accidentally bumped the whole desk. This was exciting and he swam around in three lightning quick circles. Then he stopped and looked at me again. I put my finger to his bowl but he doesn't like that. I do it anyway even though I know he doesn't like it. That's what mothers do.

"Now what?"

No response.

Then I decided to blog about our 5 minutes of bonding so I picked up my computer and put it on my lap. This got his attention again. The Don loves the computer. I had forgotten about this. His new home is above the computer on my little shelf so he doesn't get to surf the web as much as last year. I put the Little Mermaid soundtrack on because that's his favorite and started playing around. He was mesmerised.


He's a little bored now because blogging isn't all that exciting for a fish...I'll have to visit YouTube next.

4 comments:

Todd said...

im pretty sure all that studying has knocked a screw loose if your fish is talking back

Ariel said...

Can't everyone speak fish?

Todd said...

sorry, i just speak whale...


(get it? finding nemo???? tough crowd...)

Ariel said...

Do I get it? Are you serious?