Sunday, October 14, 2007

An Adventurous Night Strait From A Movie

Saturday was quite a day for Kyndra and I. It included shopping at Target for Josh and JoAnn's for flowers and Rite Aid for Neosporin, exploring, eating, hockey, soccer, then no soccer, and a train. Yeah, a train.

After the hockey game (which we won) we were driving back to campus and decided to do some late night exploring. The night was still young and there weren't very many other cars about even though it was a Saturday night. We ended up in Fairhaven and decided to drive down to the water to get some photos of the brilliantly lit bay. We pulled into the public boat launch and parked in the lot. We carefully crossed the two sets of train tracks that lay just before the boat launch. "I hope this isn't illegal," I said, then proceeded to the water's edge. Two Coast Guard boats were docked nearby, glowing of yellow and red lights. We snapped a few pictures when suddenly we heard a train coming quickly towards us.

"Crap the train," I exclaimed. Then I hurried across the tracks so as not to get stuck on the other side in case the train was a long one. I hopped over both sets of tracks being silly because this was something I would normally never do. The I heard behind me "oh sh-! ARIEL!" I turned around and saw Kyndra sprawled across the tracks. A little stunned that she had actually fallen down when a high speed train was coming towards us, I managed to say "Get up!" She got up and ran to me and the car. About a minute late the train flew by. I, shocked at the situation, looked at her and said "what happened?" Then we started giggling.

"I fell down."
"Yeah! But how?"
"I tripped."
"Well DUH! What did you trip on?"
"THE TRACKS! IT'S PITCH BLACK OUT HERE!"
"Oh...jeeze look at your shirt! and your pants!"
She had dirt all over her sweat shirt, pants, and face. Then we got in the car and fled the scene...a few blocks up Kyndra pulled over.
"Are you okay," I asked mid-laugh.
"I think so," she replied laughing also as she pulled up her pant leg to check out her knee, which was completely skinned.
"I didn't realize you fell so hard."
"DUDE! I totally biffed it at full speed!"
Then my laughing became uncontrollable and I exclaimed "GOOD THING YOU GOT NEOSPORIN!" Then we just sat there for about 5 minutes laughing so hard it hurt.

"That was like a scene from a movie gone wrong," I said when we started driving again.
"You mom's going to hear about this tomorrow isn't she?"
"YUP!"
"Don't tell her the train was coming..."


"I hope this isn't illegal."
Coast Guard Boats

Kyndra's knee

1 comment:

Kyndra said...

Why havent people commented on this!! I almost died!! Don't you guys understand! I'm a little disapointed oh well it was amazing and I guess only me and ariel know the truth.