Monday, November 5, 2007

Quotes, Quotes, Quotes

Most of these are last week's. Some are from today.

Student: "Should I give you the goggles back?"
Chem Prof: "Um, well, how do you feel about explosions?"
Student: "Well, I like explosions..."
Chem Prof: "Then you should probably hold on to them for a while."

"I wasn't gonna pass up a chance to blow some stuff up...especially on Halloween." ~ Chem Prof

"We're gonna kill this pickle. It's been a bad pickle." ~Chem Prof

[This is terrible (two nails with electric currents running through them were stuck into a hanging pickle, one at each end)] "I don't want that nail to come flying out and hit me in the chest like that crocodile guy." ~ Chem Prof [I told you.]

"Photons...you know like Star Trek. Photon Torpedoes?" ~Chem Prof [I totally knew what he was talking about. As soon as he said "photon" I said "Tuvok! Arm the photon torpedoes!" to myself. I would never say it out loud.]

Science thought of the day: Isn't "quantum" an intimidating word?

"Trick or Drinking or whatever goes on." ~Anth Prof obviously talking about Halloween.

Quick little story:
Today in Anth lecture I glanced over at the TA who was sitting in his chair cleaning his nails with his switch blade. He did this for a couple minutes then he folded it up and put it away. Normally, where I come from this would be no big deal, but I found it slightly amusing today in the middle of a university lecture.

1 comment:

Todd said...

he actually had a switch? or just a pocket knife?