Sunday, September 23, 2007

Now A Viking

It's been a long time AH readers, but I'm back. Over the summer I found it increasingly difficult to use my Internet and somewhere in the middle of July I gave up. Now that school has started I will be able to use a decent service and go back to my normal blogging habits.

I moved into my dorm today and am now mostly unpacked. I have yet to make the space mine, but am doing it slowly.

I had a quick goodbye with my mom and sister so as not to drag it on like last year. I called her about an hour ago and it was rough. Even now thinking about it is impossible to do without welling up. So, moving on.

My roommate is from Taiwan and speaks English quite well. I have met only one of my other two suite mates and things went fine.

I'm not sure if I'll make dinner tonight because I wish just informed by my suite mate (who works for Dining Services) that the dining halls close at 6:45, convenient. I was going to meet a friend for dinner at around 7:30, but now I don't know. It'll hopefully be fine because I had a big lunch and am not hungry, so no worries.

Tomorrow I will be taking a math placement test in the morning. I would have done it sooner, but because I changed my major in the middle of the summer I didn't know to take it during "Transitions." I will also be exploring the campus, meeting up with a friend or two, and going to declare my new major.

For now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping things go smoothly this year.

No comments: