Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Day of Adventure

Today I expolred Bellingham with my friends. We walked from campus to Fairhaven. Fairhaven is old downtown. It's a quaint little area with funky shops and cafés. You could spend hours exploring all the side streets and surprise alleys full of places to see.

From Fairhaven we walked down to the water. Along the way we were fascinated by bricks in the ground with interesting facts about the area imprinted on them. I will post pictures of my favorites soon.

We then walked back up to Fairhaven to the gelateria. After enjoying some delicious Italian delightfulness we walked up to the nearest bus stop to make our way to the Bellis Fair Mall. We made our way down to the bus station in downtown Bellingham, then caught the next bus to the mall.

At the mall we went to Target, one of the best stores of the planet in my opinion. Then wandered to Macy's at the other end of the mall to catch the next bus back downtown to catch the next bus to WWU. Before going to the bus stop however, we swung into Big 5 and wandered around to kill time.

Thank goodness for the boys because I don't think we would have made it around on our own. Once we made it back to Western we went down to Haggen to grab a few needed groceries. Then got on another bus, stopped at my apartment to drop some of the groceries off and walked up to Fairhaven (different from the Fairhaven we visited earlier in the day) to eat dinner.

Now I'm home and resting from a nice long day of good ole fashioned fun and mastering the Whatcom County Transit System! Cheers!