Thursday, January 10, 2008

They're a little late

Winter Break Post 2 - about a week before Christmas

I have issues with my mother. I recently sent her a letter gently but firmly and explicitly explaining that I did not wish for her suddenly to become a part of my life. I know, this sounds a little harsh, but I really was as kind as I could be about it. It didn’t matter, because she disregarded my wishes and sent me a Christmas card anyhow. She said she hoped I changed my mind and then, in the same card, was kind enough to let me know that my sister and I are susceptible to Gardner’s syndrome. Just the kind of present everyone wants for Christmas.

Winter Break Post 3 - December 25, 2007

I got many Christmas gifts this year. As long as I keep coming home for Christmas, I think my father will keep getting me presents. I got several new CDs and movies, pajamas, a Jane Austen collection, and a pair of tennis shoes. My favorite gift, however, was my new iron and mini ironing board. I thought I would be sad to receive practical gifts, but no, I’m quite pleased with them. I really needed an ironing board and it’s a gift I know I’ll use.
I also got a lovely bit of coffee and Ariel gave me a couple books. It was a very satisfying Christmas.

Winter Break Post 4 - January 2, 2008

For New Year’s, it was the traditional celebration at Ariel’s house minus one. We had sparkling cider, Funfetti, games (Cranium, Pictionary, and Apples to Apples), and a new addition this year to help us stay awake, a special blend of coffee which we made full use of. It was not a bad way to start off the new year even if the fireworks at the Space Needle malfunctioned and the anchors acted like fools. It did seem more difficult than usual to stay awake though. If I can’t stay up till midnight when I’m not even 20, I bet I’ll sure be a blast on New Year’s when I’m 30.


No comments: