Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another semester begins

Newspaper training has actually kept me a bit busier than usual. Posts from over winter break will arrive shortly.

I had training on Thursday and Friday and today I came into the newsroom to clean the newsroom's fish bowl. Woodstein should be a happy fish now.

I have the same position as last semester, but everyone else is in new positions. I thought my job would be easier this semester since I've done it before, but I think in reality it will be about as difficult, just different. I'm trying to bring back a strong beat system and it's going to take me a while, I've discovered, to adjust to the managing editor and editor-in-chief.

My classes start on Monday and there was finally an opening in the class I wanted to take so my schedule should be quite manageable. I'm expecting more homework than I had last semester, but that's not saying much since I didn't have any homework last semester.

My suitemates are beginning to arrive and the dining centers are finally open. Everything is becoming routine again and the newness of my return is beginning to wear off.

No comments: