Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fungi and Song of the Day

Last night I went out to dinner with my dad. We went to this little Italian place that I love in Fairhaven called Mambo Italiano. I decided to have the "pollo cacciatore." I was a little hesitant because it has mushrooms in it. I have never been a fan of this eatable fungus. A few of my new friends are appalled at this. My mom has always told me that it doesn't make sense for me to be so enthusiastic about food and not like mushrooms. She says I can't go anywhere in the food world if I don't like them. So, I had some last night to see if my pallet had changed and guess what...it has. They were beautifully cooked in garlic, butter, and zucchini. Delicious. I was shocked. Mom was proud.

Therefore, because of my new fondness of garlic smothered mushrooms the song of the day is "Chinese Dance" by Tchaikovsky. Warning: if you are watching this video and assigning family members to be each mushroom, don't assign your step mom (that hates you) to be the "fat" one. Bad idea.

No comments: