Friday, March 7, 2008

Chance of a lifetime

Many of the players on the WSU basketball team are tall. One is particularly so. I have long desired to stand next to him to see just how tall he is. Lisa, her brother, and I went to watch basketball practice today. The last home game of the season is on Saturday and then the seniors will graduate. I mistakenly thought the very tall player was graduating, and the thought that I would never have the opportunity to ask again, gave me to courage to request a picture with him. Thankfully, Lisa takes her camera everywhere with her.


It made my day and I was so happy to get what I've wanted for some time. I couldn't stop smiling I was so pleased. I also got to shake hands with Tony Bennet.

Once I returned to the newsroom, I realized he is only a junior and not graduating. He did not correct me though, which was kind of him.


2 comments:

Ariel said...

My God.

Christina said...

I know. We always thought it would be hilarious if somehow this picture could be taken. It makes me look so small and him so large.