Friday, August 10, 2007

Truck Day

Fridays are truck days at Big 5. This means that a truck full of new merchandise comes to the store and a group of employees has to be there at 4 in the morning to unload it. Amazingly, I hadn't had to unload the truck ever...that is...until today.

The actual work day was fine. I didn't mind wearing my street clothes, I didn't mind being there at 4 and I didn't mind taking my lunch at 10. It would have been nicer if I would have slept some last night instead of looking at my clock every 15 minutes to make sure I didn't miss my alarm. I didn't really start to feel the fatigue until after I got off work and finally got to sit down (this was at 1 o'clock). I was actually bummed that my shift was over because I was getting into a groove with moving out new merchandise, but I had to leave. Conveniently, I was driving when the exhaustion hit me. Now, I'm trying to hold on for a few more minutes while I write another post or two.

No comments: