Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Day of Importance

I am quite ambitious and some may even describe me as a little power hungry. This explains why I love having the opportunity to do things I think of as things important people do. Today I did many things which made me feel important.

- I called the Chairwoman of the WSU Board of Regents and interviewed her.
- I had a sit down interview with the new president of our university.
- As news editor, I was deemed important enough to get a key to the office and conference room.
- I wrote a story (because most of my writers are brand new and aren't experienced enough yet) that was over three feet long. This one didn't make me feel so important, but it did reaffirm my belief in my abilities a little bit.

4 comments:

Todd said...

3 feet?!?! holy crap! what was the article about? thats like me churning out a 6 minute package, which makes me shudder at the thought of it

Jim Anderson said...

"quite ambitious..."
"a little power hungry..."

Why stop short? You're drooling mad for power. Nothing wrong with that.

Ariel said...

He's right you know.

Christina said...

For Todd- It was a summary of everything that happened over summer. And to clarify, you know that newspaper space is measured in inches of length, but it's only the width of a column. Three feet long makes it sound much longer than it is.

A & A- I can't help it.