Saturday, August 18, 2007

One issue and week down

Our very first issue of the semester was released yesterday. It was 48 pages long, but I made it through. My job was actually finished a lot sooner than the other editors, but I stayed around in case I was needed. Now I just have to come up with content for the next set of five issues, beginning on Monday. Then there's the week after that and the week after that, but I'm trying not to become overwhelmed.

Yesterday I spent the hours between 10 and 2 at the all-campus picnic trying to recruit anyone and everyone who even momentarily hesitated as they passed by our booth. We actually did get a few interested students and I hope they follow through. I also forgot to put on sun screen and it was during the worst possible hours of the day. I was wearing a T-shirt so I have an awkward farmer's tan sun burn on my arms and my face is also quite red. Poor nose.

I installed my T.V. in my room last night, only to discover the university significantly cut its cable package and now only provides 13 channels. I was quite disappointed.

I'll try to keep up posting throughout the week, but with classes starting and my first full week of newspaper, I don't even want to think about how busy I'll be. Another update might have to wait until next weekend.

I'm off to find some aloe vera gel.

No comments: