Sunday, August 19, 2007

Officially Awake

The Josh Groban "Awake" concert was last night, and it was needless to say AWESOME! I. Love. Him.

We were going to stop at Pike's first to kill time, then head over to the Center, but we were unaware of the fact that it was the hemp festival yesterday on the piers. So, instead of continuing to try to find parking (impossible) we went to the Seattle Center hours ahead of time. It turned out to be fine, but while we were trying to eat I was having trouble sitting still because of my anticipation. Then after the meal I developed at stomach ache from my inner excitement. Please do not tell me how pathetic I am because I already know.

We walked around for a while then decided we might as well get some Starbucks. Then a little while later...we got in line! The quotation from me that made all the people around laugh "Mommy, I'm totally excited! Are you totally excited?" Please note that I said that super fast with a Starbucks in my hand.

We got in to Key Arena and made our way to the souvenir stand nearest our seats. I purchased a Josh coffee cup, key chain, and poster. Then we excitedly made our way to our seats, which were again AWESOME! Naturally then, I called Christina.

When I concert started I was literally shaking uncontrollably (and not from the coffee). When the first song started Mom leaned over and said "that's really him singing...not a recording. It's Josh!" About halfway through the concert Josh disappeared from stage and reappeared IN THE CROWD! My sharking intensified. He was on the other side of the arena, but he was coming closer..."Burn this into your memory," Mom said.

All I could think was "Oh my God. This is it." I was ready to spring like a cat if he came our way. Now he was walking strait for me...my heart began to melt...just keep coming...but no. At the last second her turned and went up the center aisle...sorry I just dazed off.

OH MY JOSH! I am now trying desperately to cling to the already fading memories.

2 comments:

Todd said...

you got the mug, keychain and poster, but did ya get the t-shirt? you have to get a t-shirt at a concert

Ariel said...

I got a t-shirt last time and I never wear it.

Plus with a mug I get to wake up with Josh every morning!