Sunday, April 27, 2008

Always with the changes

We're almost done, done with the last issue of the semester. While waiting for my last stories as News editor to come in and avoiding my poli sci paper due tomorrow, I cheated and read the senior columns in jetset. Individually, none of them really got to me, but collectively, they made me feel sad. I know it's probably much harder on the seniors, since they're the ones actually leaving, but I too am sad to see them go.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm worried about being lost without their guidance. I'm scared about not being ready to fill the shoes they're leaving. And most of all, I'm concerned about how much I'm going to miss them. And worst of all, there's nothing I can do about it.

This is why I hate change.

3 comments:

Ariel said...

We are so backwards from eachother. Concave and convex, opposites that fit together. It's funny.

Lisa said...

If my experience means anything, us leaving will be harder for you. But it doesn't mean we won't miss you a lot.

annette said...

I'm with Lisa here. But don't worry, your guidence will only be a phone call away. You'll probably need everyone a lot less than you expect.